Monday, May 17, 2010

right angle poems

there was something

there on the western horizon
was downtown nashville
something
about the sunset tucked
our bodies into the hotel
bed

that night we rented a movie and
made love through the screen

it was so good but
too long you fell asleep i became
small again



whats that you said

whats gonna happen to me now
that you dont love me i said
you told me id fall in love again and
said dont worry

and then the rain fell
i shivered to my bones and i
did not cry

but then i cried
she looks like an angel it
doesnt mean i am too

love wont connect
me to a star




in my bed alone

in case you ever get to thinking
my love still haunts your
bed and youre not
alone wolf

i got something for you to
think about miss
of course
you dont matter to me



if you can hear me

if i thought i could trust
you i might say
can you come to the moon i
hear crickets outside and
me and a friend almost went

call me gingerbread man
my body crumbles into my
name



these are the times

these summer days
are blessed with rain and
the sun has already fallen many
times.

i run away from my dream,
start to make coffee and
to read old news again, but is there still a
question nobody has asked?

the sun falls on my
heartbeat
of course i would laugh

life in blossom outside:

No comments:

Post a Comment