Thursday, June 10, 2010

Through Eyes of Thursday Evening

Through Eyes of Thursday Evening

I.
walking out of a world of words
i let them go
and i let
the wisdom of nights warm air
wrap me

in wordless language
the cicadas are telling me
its a joy to live

and im starting to believe them
because
tonight is simply

beautiful

II.
two girls pass
on the sidewalk

i could have had friend too
i guess
but for now
i have myself
and it all

the stadium
in the sunset
shortly behind
the geometry of telephone poles

sublime shapes
more delicious to the eye
than breasts

remind me of christs sacrifice
and i take heart

III.
im a martian
i don't need a lover
to fall in love
but i wish she were here, so i could linger longer,

maybe mix language
with silence
to make an even more potent cocktail
of evening

IV.
across the street i make brief eye contact
with the streetlight
i stroke the white-washed wall

i pat my friend
the stop sign
on the back

just stopping by to say hi
now passing through

V.
could i fall asleep
right here,
in the middle of the empty road?

a car then passes,
saying no
of course not silly martian
find a room

VI.
before the elevator closed
"In the Shadow of Destruction"
entered my eye

i know not of what madness
they speak

i only pray to God i never see war

VII.
back in my room
a different kind of alone

i let the lines come one by one

and i let them go

No comments:

Post a Comment